- This event has passed.
Pace Walk A Mile In Her Shoes Grande Prairie 2019
May 30 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$25
Join us on Thursday, May 30th 2019 for the 4th Annual Pace Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® campaign in recognition of Sexual Violence Awareness Month (#SVAM) in Alberta!
This is our annual pledge based fundraising and public awareness campaign that asks participants to literally walk a mile in high-heeled shoes in order to encourage dialogue around issues of sexual violence.
A Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® event creates an atmosphere of openness and fun around subjects that can often be difficult to talk about while encouraging men in our communities to be allies in ending sexual violence.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
We strongly encourage Men to register as individuals or as part of a team, however registration and participation is open to all members of the community who wish to create awareness and support for those impacted by sexual violence, and who wish to raise funds in support of Pace.
Date, Time & Location
Thursday, May 30th 2019
The Pace Office Parking Lot
10031 103 Avenue – Grande Prairie
Sign In & Swag Bags / 5PM
Warm Up & Walk / 6PM
BBQ & Thank You / 7PM
– All participants must register. You may register as an individual or as part of a Team. Those who join a Team can designate a Team Captain and create a Team Name. We love to see Team Themes, Costumes and Uniforms!
– Family & friends are welcome and encouraged to attend the event to cheer on our Walkers!
– A BBQ Meal is included in the registration cost, however friends and family may purchase dinner on site on event day.
– A registration fee of $25 per participant applies.
– All participants must pay the registration fee and sign the release waiver prior to the beginning of the walk.
– Costumes and uniforms are highly encouraged, along with fun team names! We ask that you please consider the nature of the event and our organization in deciding on costumes and team names.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
You can also register in person at Pace during regular office hours.
Pace is located at 10031 103 Avenue. Open Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM
*Please note we are closed over the lunch hour
Participants are encouraged to collect pledges, as this is our Main Fundraising Event of the year. We encourage everyone to set a personal fundraising goal, and challenge their teammates to match or beat them!
Once you have registered you can create an online Peer2Peer Campaign with CanadaHelps and use social media to help collect pledges:
OR you can download and print Pledge Forms here:
REGISTER AND COLLECT MORE THAN $100 IN PLEDGES and be entered in a draw to win a Holiday Travel Gift Card valued at $1000!!!
Not up for the walk? Donations can be made directly to Pace anytime in person at Pace or through our CanadaHelps page. Tax receipts will be provided for donations over $20. In person donations will receive receipts by mail, and online donations will generate automatic receipts via email.