RECOGNIZING & RESPONDING
TO CHILD SEXUAL VIOLENCE WORKSHOP
The Recognizing & Responding to Child Sexual Violence Workshop is an informative workshop for parents, guardians, educators and caretakers, providing information and resources in understanding child safety issues; child physical abuse, child sexual abuse, and child sexual exploitation (grooming, sexting, online safety, and trafficking).
This workshop will also provide caregivers with tools to have intentional conversations with children and receive disclosures.
- Information on sexual abuse, physical abuse, and sexual exploitation
- Discussion on how to have conversations with children on boundaries and safety
- Insights regarding offender identity and behavior
- Normal and curious sexual behavior
- Possible signs of abuse
- Internet and stranger safety
- Discussion around fears and child safety concerns
- How to take a disclosure
City of Grande Prairie Community Social Development
FCSS County of Grande Prairie