Community Support Training is held in the Pace Office Training Room and is offered in the Fall (September-December) and Winter (January-April) every year. We are also able to provide these workshops to agencies and community groups outside of the scheduled dates and times, by request. All presentations and topics can be tailored to suit the needs of the requesting agency.
Crisis Response Management Certificate
Pace is proud to offer the Crisis Response Management Certificate training in partnership with Grande Prairie Regional College Continuing Education.
To achieve a Crisis Response Management certificate, you must complete the required six core courses, plus a minimum of 12 hours of elective courses of your choosing. All courses must be taken through Pace for credit towards the certificate.
- Crisis Intervention & Communication Skills
- Cross Cultural Awareness
- First Responders to Sexual Assault & Sexual Abuse
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST)
- Children & Trauma and Grief and Loss (as one full day together)
- Mental Health First Aid
Full day (Optional):
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Leading Change: Gender-Based Violence & The Active Bystander Approach
- Healthy Youth Relationships
- Awareness of Self Harming Behavior
- The Costs of Empathy
Half day (Optional):
- Sexual Harassment and Assault
- Professional Boundaries
For more information, please refer to this document:
Pace Workshop Schedule and Rates
NOTE: Through a partnership with the Grande Prairie Regional College, these workshops count for Category A credits with the Alberta College of Social Workers.